sábado, 6 de março de 2010

Jungle Rot “ Slaughter the weak “

Sometimes we leave our peaceful home just to discover that chaos is loose and its just a jungle out there... Well, if one doesn’t have Jumanji to play along, one can bloody well put Jungle Rot’s second cd and wander through furious landscapes, even without any lianas to grab... afterall, they could well be bloody serpents hoping to infect us with viral diseases... Well, for those who are ignorant as I used to be on this matter I may say that while in the jungle, cuts or scratches may become infected therefore turning into painful sores, commonly known ( I know, not at a worldwide basis ) as jungle rot.
Well, I know this cd is from a while back but it was sent to the zine from the label itself so I could do nothing more than to review it. And beeing a style that I simply adore makes it great...hehe
As ghoul desecrating voodoo drums invok into our anguished souls the lunacy of damned eras, we enter this seance of sickening entities with a cloud of profound misery and ungraceful atrocities sustained by the hypothetical vision of a world ruled by chaos... Banishing all light from their defiled horizon, Jungle Rot come forth into our path with ten deadly songs that follow that old Death feeling from eras now ( almost ) gone. They play a more mid tempo Death/Thrash metal that grows in you after each listenning yet it isn’t anything new to my ears as they seem to capture a disgusted yet mesmerizing atmosphere that may show some quality still it doesn’t crushes, it doesn’t savages, it doesn’t destroys and turns us into powder... Well, my neck still doesn’t hurts and I’m still alive, ain’t I?... I guess..
Were their songs a bit more dynamic, faster ( it is on the tenth song which isn’t credited on the promo ) and technical ( especially on the drums that could be a bit more powerful... yet, what do I know about drums? I ain’t a drummer! ) it would certanly be more appealing and one could easily become more viciated on their poisonous infections but what more can I say if taste is something always unique? Yeah, it may grab us and command us into following their fiery path, yet it’s a journey where everything seems not that dangerous... yet, no one ever knows!!!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário